Overview of Aweber
Aweber claim to be the easiest newsletter tool available, with a tonne of pro features. This is a big claim, with such a suite of innovative features and especially as their prices are so competitive.
That said – Let’s break down the PROS and CONS. We invite you to check out below details, add your comments and record your rating.
AWeber is a very popular marketing solution with advanced options for integration, including leading business tools and systems such as Zendesk, Salesforce, WordPress, PayPal, LeadPages, and WordPress, to name a few. Sign-up is simple and For those who are new to email marketing, AWeber offers regular live webinars for added instruction and training.
- 30-day free trial,
- Unlimited emails, Low-cost plans.
- Great help materials,
- and Extensive reporting capabilities.
- Credit card mandatory for sign up,
- No Google Analytics,
- Cannot import from third-party address books.
AWeber gives you the flexibility to manage contacts and customize your own email templates, but not a lot of third-party integration.
|Headquarters:||Chalfont, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Key people:||Tom Kulzer (Founder CEO)|
|References:||crunchbase.com ; PCMag;|
What is Aweber
AWeber is an email marketing service provider hosting email newsletters, autoresponders, sequential follow up, and RSS to email services for 120,000 small business clients worldwide. AWeber is a is a very popular marketing solution branded by many experts and professionals as one of the best platforms for email marketing.
At the same time, AWeber is a well integrated system that blends easily in every software ecosystem. You can use it seamlessly with platforms such as Cyfe, Launch Effect, Drupal, WordPress, Raven, Unbounce, Magento, and many more.
Aweber Email Marketing Packages
Aweber has no free trial or free version to test out the service-but does let you try out the software for just $1 during the first month. and you have to send an email to support in order to cancel. AWeber offers month-to-month, quarterly, and annual plans and the price you are expected to pay for it will depend on the number of active subscribers. Here are the details:
|$19/month:||Up to 500 subscribers.|
|Get a quote||25,001+ Subscribers.|
Aweber has many features and we list the following:
- Sign Up Forms, Email Newsletters and Blog Newsletters
- Drag and Drop Editor and HTML Email Templates
- Subscriber Management and Email Analytics
- Email Marketing: Direct, Permission, Bulk and Business
- AWeber Mobile App
Aweber Other Elements:
- Aweber can’t import contacts from Gmail or other third-party address books. However, a CSV file can be generated using the import tool but AWeber has to know from where your subscribers came —whether they signed up on a form, bought a product and opted to receive mail, or gave verbal agreement. AWeber also wants to know whether the list is being moved from another mail marketing provider.
- AWeber have different processes for creating Follow-up Series, which are essentially: Follow-up emails sent automatically every time a new user is added to verify their subscription, They have also Broadcast messages which are one-time messages, such as newsletters, and finally a Blog Broadcast. Also there is the Email Template Manager, where existing templates can be customize or write a new using AWeber’s API.
- Aweber allow to send newsletter right away or scheduled but no option to send campaign at a specific local time based on a recipient’s location or events, such as their birthday, or location.
- For each campaign, you can see the open and click rate as well as the number of replies and unsubscribes. There’s no Google Analytics integration, but there is a very helpful step-by-step guide on how to use Google Analytics on a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) basis with AWeber.
- AWeber has one of the most extensive sets of reports including: list opens over time, list clicks over time, new subscribers, subscriber growth, ad tracking, subscriber location, follow-up statistics, and more.
- Help & Support: AWeber is all about hand-holding. There are numerous video tutorials to help you figure out what to do, and almost every field or option to fill out has a link that opens up the relevant help text. Unfortunately, live help is very limited. Phone and chat support options are only available during business hours.
AWeber offers a mix of basic features (such as file import) with advanced features (creating your own email templates) in an easy-to-navigate user interface. AWeber’s extensive reporting tools and user segmentation abilities make it a solid performer. It does quite a good job at educating first-time users with its articles, videos and podcasts.
Disclosure – All data & opinion mentioned on this review are based on either my experience and on a summary of other reviews referenced in Profile section.
We hope this article helped you to have a clear idea about Aweber
If You liked this article then we invite you and subscribe to our newsletter for updates